I recently posted a link on my facebook page to a tutorial for some very creative teacups made out of paper. They were so cute and being a tea drinker, I was a little inspired to try and make one from fabric.

I had to change the pattern a little and after a few redesigns I finally found a nice shape.

Fabric Teacup

I used an injured print – a fabric print that wasn’t quite perfect enough for my project at the time I printed it, but too good to throw away. I keep a drawer (or two) full of them and use them up for other projects. This particular print was a close-up shot of several roses. I wasn’t sure how it would look on the teacup after I chopped it into pieces, but I rather like it. A matching saucer is almost completed.

Fabric Teacup

Fabric Teacup

Facebook Instagram Pinterest RSS Newsletter