Designing bags and purses using Peltex Stabilizer: Finishing off the Samples
After almost two weeks I’m finally recovering from the flu. Thank goodness! I know there’s never a good time for being ill, but seriously – did it have to happen when I have soooo much going on.
One of the things I’m trying to finish is the editing of my first purse pattern using Peltex stabilizer (two more patterns to come). I did attempt to edit the pattern once or twice but messed it up so badly that I gave up till my flu-brain was better equipped to deal with whole sentences.
I did however finish off the final samples over the last couple of days and I just love the way they turned out.
This one is made using some beautiful overdyed silk scrap Kimono fabric from Laura Murray Designs. The combination of different colors really makes it special.
And I put an invisible snap on this one just to see how it would turn out. Works great!
And this is the sample I used for taking photos for the pattern.
I’ve used this fabric right throughout the process so I now have a whole set of clutches in different designs made with the same fabric. They are so cute!
So now I’m beginning to feel a little better, hopefully I’ll have this pattern wrapped up very shortly. I’ll keep you posted.